we have gathered some information together for you, so that you may appropriately choose the veil cut, style and length that is perfect for you. We know just how important your wedding day is and want you to feel absolutely confident of your selection. If you have any questions yet after reading our faq, please feel free to chat with us or send us an e-mail via our ticket system. We will respond asap. Hoping to be of service to you.
The Shape and Cut
- The traditional cut veil –The traditional cut for all of our standard wedding veils is in the shape of a “U”. It is gathered up at the top and forms a “U” shape along the bottomand sides. This is the most traditional and our most popular cut, hence it’s name. All of our standard line veils by default have this cut. Any detail such as embroidery or embellishment is on the side and bottom of the veil. This veil may be attached by a comb,barette or velcro.
- The semi circle Veil – The semi circle cut is a circe that has been folded in half and gathered on the fold of the circle creating a double layer effect. It is a variation of the standard cut and is similar in style except it has two layers. It is especially prety when it embellished with embroidery. The top layer of the semi circle may be folded over the head and used as a blusher if so desired. Any detail such as embroidery or embellishment is on the side and bottom of the veil. This veil may be attached by a comb if specified or will come with velcro if one of our headpieces is ordered with. It is not possible to use a barette as an attachment.
- The sweep cut Veil-The sweep cut has less gathering and poof at the top of the head. It is in the shape of an “A”. It flares out has more fullness and drape to it. Any detail such as embroidery or embellishment is on the bottom of the veil only. The sweep cut may be attache by comb,barette or velcro.
Veil lengths are as follows:
- Blusher The blusher veil dimensions are 27″ inches long x 72″ inches wide It is worn over the face in a traditional ceremony. A barette attachment is not available for a blusher veil.
- Waist Length The waist Length dimensions are 30″ inches long x 108″ inches wide. This veil is a short versatile veil and is appropriate for most weddings, informal and formal.
- Fingertip The fingertip dimensions are 45″ inches long x 108″ inches wide. The fingertip is a semi formal veil.
- Chapel The chapel veil dimensions are 102″ inches long x 108″ inches wide. The chapel veil is a very formal veil appropriate for formal weddings. This veil makes a grand entrance when you walk down the aisle.
- Cathedral The cathedral veil dimensions are 120″ inches long x 108″ inches wide. This veil is the most grand formal veil, with the exception of a Custom Royal length veil (which is anything over 120″). It is appropriate for formal weddings. This veil makes a grand entrance when you walk down the aisle.
The veil fullness by default on our standard line is 108″, Meaning it is at it’s most full. A less full veil is available at 72″ wide. If a less full veil on our standard line is desired please leave a note when checking out. There is no charge when a less full veil is specified and it is not considered a custom order. A custom veil of course can be made in any degree of fullness as specified.
Choice of attachments include: barette, comb or velcro.(barette not available for blusher)
Advice: If you are going to wear a chapel or cathedral bridal veil during the wedding ceremony, consider also adding an additional shorter veil such as a fingertip or waist length veil. Reason being you can change veils for the reception after walking down the aisle at your ceremony and after all your pictures are taken. Yet still feel well dressed. It also will be less cumbersome later when you are dancing.
Our veils are available in a number of fabrics. They include Tulle, (Matte finish, or glimmer,), Organza (Polyester,Sillk available) and chiffon.
Veil embroidery and embellishments
Wedding Veil embroidery is available in 5 veiling fabricsand in 6 embroidery colors including, White, Eggshell, Ivory, Powder pink, Champagne and Platinum.
Veils may also be embroidered also in a number of custom veil edges. We have 10 embroidery designs in 15 veil edges available. Embroidered veils are avaiable in 10 colors of thread. Our veils can be further complimeted with any variety of our 20 custom embellishments.
Colors Aailable are: White, Eggshell, Ivory, Powder Pink, Champagne and Platinum.
Wedding Veil Embroidery Styles are:
Butterfly , Daisy Chain , French Scroll, Half Moon , Leaf Trellis , Phoenician , Rosebud , Ribbon , Tulip Chain, Wave .
Veil Edge finishes Include:
Ribbon in a variety of colors and lengths,Lace,Pearl Rope,Rolled Edge (in a variety of colors),Wired edge and Border motif edges(available in Pears,Crystals and Rhinestones.
Veil Embellishments include:
Pearls,Sequins,Crystals and Rhinestones in a variety of colors and design variations.They include pearls clustered (as in a flower) scattered (in a asymetrical random pattern)in a number of colors,Sequins clustered (as in a flower) scattered (in a asymetrical random pattern) in a number of colors, Crystals clustered (as in a flower) scattered (in a asymetrical random pattern) in a number of colors.
Veil embellishments also include Pearl,Crystal and Rhinestone Borders in a number of unique motiffs.
Veil Motiff are listed on another page for your convenience.